Monday, April 06, 2020

quaran-queen

18: Days since we last interacted with a person outside the nuclear family within six feet. 
22: Days since I’ve seen my mom in person (which seems selfish to say when H doesn’t get to see his for years at a time, but I’m spoiled. And my mom lives 10 minutes away). 
7: Days since H started feeling super achey and weak, keeping to our bedroom and bathroom and only coming out for food. I have never seen him so lethargic and I am very scared. Every time he coughs, I go in there and ask if he’s short of breath. He has promised to let me know and go to the Emergency Room if the situation worsens, but it seems to be getting better. 
20: Days since we got groceries (full disclosure, my brother ordered a pizza for us one night and we ordered tacos once). 
0: Days I have worn non-athleisure gear
2: Days the weather has been in the upper 60s and 70s

4: Days it has rained

2: Days it has snowed
97: Rejected/half-eaten meals that I have had to eat as my meal
8: Nights the children have had to be told “NOW IT’S ALREADY TOMORROW, PLEASE! GO! TO! BED!”
4: Times kids have slept in long enough for us to complete at least one work meeting without interruption
26: Times I have gone into the room(s) of shame with the intent of trying to sort it out and ended up leaving and closing the door after about 15 minutes. 
12: New friends Ro has on FB messenger kids
687: Times Kash has requested us to play the “PJ Masks” Themesong
2: The hour limit on their iPads

10: The number of hours they likely have some kind of screen on near them
11,632: Fights over a single toy
3: Hours a night I’m averaging of sleep, whether I’ve had caffeine or wine
238: Pages I have left in “Americanah” by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, which I have been reading since February. You’d think I’d have more time to read but I seem to spend all that time (and the hours I should be sleeping, reading FaceBook). 
1: Times I’ve opened a bottle of wine for a drink by myself (as opposed to being on a Zoom call with friends)
2: On a scale of 10 about how well I think we are handling everything right now. 

Crowns we made with the help of children’s author Mo Willems and his YouTube Lunch Doodles series. 

No comments: