Thursday, December 13, 2007

hello my name is: confused

I've mentioned before that sometimes people look the same to me. Other times I think somebody looks like another person, but no one else around seems to agree. So today I decided to put it to the test. I'm not usually one for tests, but I recently was ridiculed for my constant confusion between Ryan Reynolds and Jason Lee, so I felt like I needed some validation.

I guess it's not as bad as I thought: I scored 94% (84th percentile) on the face recognition and 100% (93rd percentile) on the "verbal" (recognizing names in print). However, in recognizing objects, I only got 88% (55th percentile). However, I'm not really sure how scoring 20/20 still puts me at only 93. I also got 93% on the recognizing famous faces one and 94% on the regular-people faces.

still, i think everything would be a whole lot easier if everyone came with nametags.

5 comments:

Jon said...

Ok, so I took the test, but I don't remember my results....

Where does that put me?

Jon said...

Also, what's with the oh-crap-my-five-page-paper-is-due-and-I've -only-got-three-and-a-half-pages sized font?

or is that just my bad eyes/memory?

WORDofRYE said...

hahaha, Jon - I'm seeing the same font.

And I second the nametag notion! My problem is that I forget someone's name almost immediately after they've told me their name. Maybe we should just do away with names altogether.

Anonymous said...

i dont see any of the name tag ones. i only see the face recognition stuff... of which i got 100% on adult and on children's faces... whoooo ...now how i can i use that towards a a job... hmmmm

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

If only people came with big teeth or bushy eyebrows or super long chin...danger there though, you might holler out something like, "Oh, you're the guy with the super huge Adam's apple..." :-D