Tuesday, June 19, 2012

clearly, i watched too much tv as a child

Last week I went to an intimate baby shower for one of my college friends, put on by a crew that includes Angel07 and pp.

Because I've never had a baby or helped raise one in any significant way, I wasn't going to dominate any baby-related questions in the Jeopardy-style game (I knew the first answer but forgot to state it in the form of a question, so I started my team off with negative points--we ended up losing with a score of -1600 to some +500).

However, there was one game that I felt pretty confident about: "Famous TV Families," wherein players had to list all the children in a given fictional family from television.

I finished first and got them all correct--including a bonus point for oops-baby-ratings-boost Chrissy Seaver from Growing Pains.* 

I'm not sure if I should be proud of this or ashamed that I have all this useless knowledge at the ready but can't seem to remember a single thing about Calculus.




*When Jon and I saw The Avengers in the theater, I recognized the girl who played Chrissy (all grown up) and yelled out in the theater, "That's Chrissy Seaver!"

3 comments:

Shalini said...

I'm always ashamed of how much 80s TV trivia I know when Gregg knows absolutely NOTHING but can explain complex math problems. All those brain cells! Ah!

cadiz12 said...

one of these days, this kind of random knowledge is going to be the key to saving humanity.
fingers crossed!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

How could you forget Calculus? He is such a famous professor, weaving in and out in the adventures of Tintin :-D