Friday, May 23, 2008

come and knock on our door

This weekend, my brother's roommate, Mark (the Wafflehouse Skanks' drummer) will be in for a visit. He's never been to Chicago, so he and my brother are going to crash at our place for a couple days and check out the city. It'll be a Wrigley weekend: a tour of the Friendly Confines on Saturday and two Cubs/Dodger series games on Monday and Tuesday. That means a lot of hot dogs and stadium beer for me. Plus I'm having the (in-state) high school crowd over on Sunday. That's a lot of people for a 685-square-foot place, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.

I'd much rather have my home packed with loved ones than what's been going on—not that I have any problems with people coming to see the place—the more prospective buyers, the better! But H told me that yesterday after a showing when he got back into our unit, it looked as though someone had been sitting on our bed. For some reason that really creeped me out. Strangers walking around and touching our things, sitting on the couch where I fall asleep every night at 10 pm, fondling my pillow, opening my fridge and seeing my stockpiles of string cheese. It's a little too much to think about. 

So instead I'll focus on what to recommend Mark sees while he's here. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Madelyn said...

Perhaps you can go to the top of the Sears Tower and watch your spit fall. ORRRRR, you can stalk Oprah, that's always fun.

naechstehaltestelle said...

Ed DeBevic's!!!!

SupaCoo said...

Well, pizza of course!

Lia said...

I don't know what's to do in Chicago. But I know how you feel about strangers looking through and touching your stuff. *shiver*

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Show him your favourite places, your enthusiasm will rub off on him.

When we show people a home we're trying to sell, they are quite good, the viewers, they don't poke and peek into private things, or even sit on the sofa...so maybe it's not all your prospective buyers who do the pervy stuff.

Sphincter said...

Eeew! Nobody should be sitting on your bed but you two! That is so violating... As for the string cheese, if that's the worst they see while looking for a palce, they should be very grateful.