Thursday, September 03, 2009

shuteye does a body good

Sorry about the whinefest yesterday, and thanks for your comment, Supacoo. I got to sleep around 10:30 last night and it made an enormous difference in my outlook. And I'm starting to pick up on little things here and there (as they said I would), so that was nice. Today we were less slammed, so there was more time for chit chat; people do care to know what I'm about, after all. Though they don't readily seem to understand why my industry has become so bad that I'm willing to start this completely different job from scratch. I'm guessing it's been quite some time since they've been without steady work and/or healthcare benefits. Which is probably a good example of the job security.

I'm going to start taking advantage of my free hospital fitness center as soon as they can process the paperwork. Living in suburbia means no more booking it from one place to another on foot because I'm late, so I'll need the scheduled exercise. At 1:30 (when I get off these days), the place will be mostly empty!

5 comments:

Madelyn said...

wow, you never posted this much when you are unemployed. I guess having things to do makes you do things. I'm glad you're starting to pick up on things. Good luck hitting the gym after eight hours of work, I find that extremely difficult.

Madelyn said...

you never posted this much when you WERE unemployed. Sorry, had to correct myself.

SupaCoo said...

Getting into a routine and EXERCISE! will be great for your soul, too. I'm sure there will still be moments of madness but it sounds like you're mastering it already!

Sphincter said...

Glad you got some sleep. As a career changer myself from social work to librarian--it was hard. I was in demand as a SW. And then in library world, a new day. I've finally earned some cred (I think!) but it took a while. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late to the party, but congrats on your new job! Keep up the sleep and the hard work, and before you know it, you'll feel like you're back in the dungeon. Err... familiarity-wise, at least :)