Saturday, November 04, 2023

as long as I’ve got my suit & tie imma leave it all on the floor tonight

Both H and I work from home fulltime these days…and just as I predicted back in 2005, we are often in our pajamas (7/10 times mine includes barcrawl t-shirts from the late ‘90s-early ‘00s). 

Sometimes I go out to the bus stop to pick up the children without bothering to change hoping none of the other parents are astute enough to see the year and do the math. For some reason they seem to think we are younger than we are, and I’d hate to spoil that illusion.

I did take great pleasure, however, in perusing the tie section when we went to buy H a new suit last month for cool cat’s wedding. He looked very dapper. Too bad that’s the last wedding I foresee attending for a long while.  

Even back in March 2005 I suspected I wasn’t going to get to pick out too many ties after I got married.

“no, this is in the big huge room where everyone sits and the cubicles only come up to the waist, so we're all together. later, when i'm at the satellite office fearing for my life, i am all alone. 

today, chatty was in his element. he somehow landed an important project and you could see how excited he was; it was like a little kid with his gameboy. 

he was irritating me today because he was second-guessing his superiors, who are clearly superior for a reason. 

but i liked his shirt. (well at least the back of it, anyway) a man in a shirt and tie gets me every time. and you know i'm going to end up with someone who works from home in his pajamas. christmas shopping is so much more fun if you get to pick out a couple of ties. what a tragedy. 

whoa, i'm getting way ahead of myself here.”

Chatty worked on reports for the next few years and like me, probably found himself doing something completely different when the dungeon industry imploded. I wonder if he gets to work from home in his pajamas, now, too.


#NaBloPoMo

“Suit & Tie (feat. JAY-Z)” Justin Timberlake

No comments: