Thursday, November 02, 2023

i woke up in between a memory and a dream

When I started this little experiment, Ale was the only one who saw potential in what I was doing. And she joined me. Without her consistent support and comments (not to mention the off-blog running commentary between us*), none of this may have ever happened. But Ale has always been a visionary. Take this comment she made in March 2005 on my post about "Only You," a pretty bad movie that I loved anyway because Italy, truuue looove and (let's be honest) Robert Downey, Jr. (Keep in mind that at this time Ale was fluent in four languages and English was not the first one. She's likely fluent in a dozen by now.):

"wahahhaha, i'm was totaly laughing, my work people were looking at me funny. 

yep, i know that movie. I also to this day have problems with movies, pictures, posters...etc... dipicting eurpean seens. (yes, depressing topic for another day) I resigned to the fact that the only way I'll be able to handle "europe stuff" is if I am strongly connected to it where I MUST travel there more than on a quarterly basis. EX: marrying a european and bringing my childrenses to visit with their granmamas. or work... or having so much money that I must shop there every season... Until than, we cant talk, discuss, see it--- nothing.
one thing that's not clear, i like marissa tomei-- even when she is being annoying--?? you don't?"

Ale lived in New York in the early aughts. She worked for an international company and made a legitimate truuue looove connection with a colleague based in The Netherlands. She moved there. They got married, have two beautiful sons and she continues to forge her way toward world domination. If you read her comments on this blog (sadly, it looks like she's deleted hers), she told us all exactly how it was going to go down. And it did. 

*Apparently during the heyday of this blog, I spent most of my time with folks in other time zones.

#NaBloPoMo

"You Don't Know How it Feels" Tom Petty

No comments: