Tuesday, September 20, 2011

blink of an eye

Wow. So obsessed over one day that was over as soon as it started. My husband (!) and I are sitting at the airport terminal and trying to plan/prepare for this Costa Rica trip, which we hadn't even thought much about until yesterday. We both have colds.

If you're interested in the wedding, trust me, you'll get more details than you ever wanted when we get back. Heck, I will have so much time on my hands in a week, I can post way more. In fact, that is a promise.

In the meantime, our phenomenal photographer, Albert Yau at SecondPrint Productions posted two teaser pics on his blog. I couldn't have asked for a better fit for us--his style is so what we were looking for and both he and his second shooter, mike, were really sweet and fun, talented and professional.

I am so grateful to everyone who sent blessings and good vibes our way. I can never thank the people who pitched in and helped out immensely. I was so touched by everyone's generosity and thoughtfulness.

It was cloudy and cold the day before, and rained the entire day after, but our wedding day was gorgeously sunny and 70 degrees. I can only assume God was looking out for us with help from our loved ones up there. It was a wonderful day.

http://secondprintproductions.com/blog/2011/09/chicago-wedding-photography-karen-jonathan/


-- Posted From My iPhone--everybody needs an editor.

8 comments:

Teej said...

Congratulations! What lovely photos. I can't wait to see more. The weather WAS beautiful Saturday, wasn't it? Just perfect. I'm so glad for you. Enjoy Costa Rica! Which part are you visiting?

Librarian Girl said...

Can't wait for the photos! Have fun on your trip, and CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have a great time! I think your wedding gave me a cold too!

cadiz12 said...

thank you! We just reached hotel in san Jose, then arena l, Montevideo and guanacaste? We really haven't done much planning. maybe we'll read this travel book tonight .
we're gonna Nyquil it up and tackle the day manana!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

He caught you crying, didn't he?

That black 'n' white photo is sweeeet.

Enjoy Costa Rico, I've heard it's beautiful.

Wow. You and your husband! Jon and his wife. Have a wonderful life together you two, forever and always.

SupaCoo said...

YAY! Congrats! Have fun in Costa Rica and DON'T FORGET YOUR BIRTH CONTROL. Just sayin.

cadiz12 said...

thank you all!

Ok, so obviously I had no idea where or when or what we were doing, you know, until we got there.

We went to San Jose (arrived late, left early the next day, but our hotel was nice) then two days at the Arenal Volcano in La Fortuna, then crossed the lake (which powers 40% of the country) and were driven to Monteverde for two days in/near the cloud forest (i kept thinking, DANG this looks like Land Before Time but in real life), then another ride to Playa Hermosa in Guanacaste--arguably the most humid place i have ever been. we wanted an adventure-ish honeymoon, and we sure got it.

more posts to come. who knew there was all this crap to do AFTER the wedding itself?

isn't our photog great? i yelled at everyone (my parents) not to cry, but then couldn't help myself throughout the ceremony and even at the reception. what a sap.

Lia said...

Congratulations, and I hope you're enjoying your trip. You look gorgeous in the photos!