Wednesday, August 03, 2011

updates--details to come another day

I think about blogging often. And then I feel guilty about not doing other stuff that *needs* to get done asap. And then I either fall asleep or get distracted and don't do any of that.

Things have been go go go lately, so I don't even have much time to think, let alone put a coherent post together. But I love all two of you who read here and I miss you terribly.

on to the updates!

1) Jon had two weeks off, during which we had planned on getting everything done. oh, how naive we were.

2) Our roommate, madelyn, is cool, especially since her *room* is a cordoned-off dining area.  The three of us work in shifts, so it works out pretty well.

3) Some of our wedding invitations are coming back and not being received, so that's heartbreaking, because the person who printed them did a fabulous job and we want everyone to get them! We have not heard from the majority of our guests, and I keep thinking a handful of people are going to have to find room in their stomachs for A LOT of Indian food.

4) We are very nearly through with all the booking/contracting portions of this wedding-planning business. Which is great, because having to depend on other people pretty much guarantees that you have to have your stuff together at a reasonable hour. Let the procrastinating begin!

5) CC moved to Chicago! She was originally going to be here just the summer for a freelance gig, but they obviously realized how awesome she is and begged her to stay for a salary. She has been instrumental in making sure I'm not procrastinating too much.

6) We had our engagement photos taken last week. Our photographer is so awesome that he was battling a 102+degree fever and still did our shoot because the weather was bearable that day. I really appreciated that, because I think my coworkers are going to start taking toes for all the days I've requested off in the next two months. But nothing is worth sacrificing your well-being. His fever went to 105, but he's seen a doctor and is feeling better, thank God.

7) We had the most awesome shower ever. Seriously. PP, CC and Ri helped my mom and together made such a wonderful day. We were absolutely overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. Unfortunately, there was one gift that had no card and I'm trying very hard to try and thank someone for it and no one is stepping forward.


It came in this. Anyone? I'd love to send you a thank you card.

8) It's REALLY FREAKING HOT outside. Even for tropical people like myself.

9) Team Cadiz and friends are taking me to Las Vegas this weekend. I cannot convey how excited/touched I am at all the trouble everyone has gone for to make me smile. I love you all!

10) Regular posting should commence soon. I really have missed you guys.

2 comments:

velocibadgergirl said...

I hope you had or are at this moment having a wonderful time in Vegas! I've missed you, bloggally speaking <3

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Don't feel guilty about not blogging...not when there are more important things to do.

The other day you passed through my mind, I was wondering how the plans are going.

This is so exciting.