Thursday, November 02, 2017

binge

I'm on maternity leave until November 20. Every day, I feed, change and snuggle the baby, let him look deep into my soul and hope he approves of what he sees there, then I look at the clock and realize it's 4 pm and I didn't get anything on my dream list accomplished.

Except.

The television. Good gravy, do I love television. And FaceBook. And podcasts. All things I can (mostly) do while letting a 10-week old evaluate the contents of my character.

Here is what I have been bingewatching since being on light-duty/bedrest and maternity leave, in reverse order:

  • The Time In Between (El Tiempo Entre Costuras)
  • Blackish
  • Fresh Off the Boat
  • The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
  • The Newsroom
  • The West Wing
  • The Great British Baking Show
  • The Good Place
  • Sherlock
  • The Crown
  • Friends from College (I don't know if it's because these people are my age, but I HATED this one, even though I watched all of it.)
  • The Get Down
  • Orange Is the New Black
  • Master of None
  • Bloodline (I gave up on season 2 because it was just too slow and brooding.)
  • Dear White People
  • Anne with an E
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Jon and I are snooty when it comes to tv, but we both watch stuff we wouldn't recommend to others. Sometimes I slog through stuff that I don't necessarily love just to see how it ends (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) and Jon is devoted to his "stories," which are just every single serialized superhero show out there.

In my defense, please see the third paragraph of this post. He's only going to let me snuggle him and let me watch what *I* want to watch for an extremely limited time. 

No comments: