Friday, November 10, 2017

not so fast, mommy


Today I had both the kids all day while Jon went to work and attended a work event in the evening. We got up, did teeth, potty, breakfast, play, a craft project and put lasagna in the oven. We ate lunch, cleaned up and started some laundry. I had big plans for "quiet time" after lunch, playing with the dollhouse and a dance party before dinner.

Just as I texted my mother, "Hey, maybe I *can* handle these people all day, every day," things got eerie. The baby was snoring softly, but Ro was nowhere to be heard.

"Um...mommy?"

Bam, it was over. Suddenly, I'm coaxing her to come to the bathroom to get washed up, scrubbing the accident spot on the carpet, the baby is howling, Alexa says lunch will burn if I don't get it out of the oven and the phone is ringing.

That was the only time--and it was just for a moment--when I missed the office.


2 comments:

neena maiya said...

Helloooo! I see you're enjoying the full-complete-mummy life.

My mum says, "Children grow up so fast, so suddenly, then they're all gone their own way and you miss them."

I don't know why she says that. I'm here in the US, visiting her. :-D

cadiz12 said...

GG!!!!!! So wonderful to see you. I hope you are doing well!
The complete-mummy life is CRAZY! But wonderful.