Wednesday, March 01, 2006

can't even stop for directions

ever get the feeling that you're desperately running, trying to get somewhere very important, but have no idea in which direction you're supposed to go; and even though you're huffing and puffing and sweating like a pig, most of the fatigue is from the constant searching for some sign of familiarity, some sort of signal that you're going the right way, that you've guessed correctly and congratulations, now you can finally slow down and take a freaking break, but you're petrified that you'll fly right past that essential turn; in fact, what if maybe all this time you've been running in circles and aren't actually going anywhere and you'll keep doing it until one day your heart just gives out and it'll only ever be over when you fall down and die, but you'll have no idea when it's coming until right that second when it up and happens?

yeah. me too.

11 comments:

Farah said...

time to take a breather cadiz, i should think. a holiday's a real good way to clear that map in your head.

Jon said...

I declare this your most inspiring and uplifting post to date!! Maybe not, but I know one thing for sure: Growing up sucks bananas.. B-A-N-A-N-A-S! (stupid song….)

Lia said...

uh, oh. slow down and smell some roses. it'll get better; it has to.

Unknown said...

please whats the "important" place you were going to?


ps: happy BLOG anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Are you running late again? :-)

I used to feel this way in the later years at the ad agency bleah.

Eat some chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes I just sit and rock in sync with any nearby trees. That's nice and calming.

What? Haven't you seen Phenomenon? If it works for John Travolta, it works for me.

omar said...

That is one of the longest sentences I've ever seen.

Hang in there, cadiz.

Mike said...

Before I leave the house, I memorize maps and satellite photos. If only there were maps and satellite photos for life...

(Happy blog anniversary to you too)

Syar said...

somedays the feeling is worse. but most days I get by. slow down, and happy blog anniversary. :-)

Katie said...

This felt like it belonged in On the Road. It's good, and I feel that way at work, and the bosses don't help with their forty-five second shpeal. Anyways, I just hum Jack Johnson to myself when I start bugging out this way....

"Slow down everyone, you're moving too fast..."

glo said...

So sorry. I know that feeling. Been going through it a lot lately. I just want things to slow down enough that I can figure it all out. But instead - it just runs on along with me dragging behind.