Thursday, March 23, 2006

operating hours: noon to 5 a.m. unless you're bleeding

2 a.m.: working late in the dungeon.

6 a.m.: finally fall asleep

7:45 a.m.: roommate comes into my room, sits down and makes me read a letter he's really excited about even though i had already heard the news the day before. doesn't get the hint when i keep my eyes closed. finally leaves when i get snippy.

8:30 a.m.: friend calls. (cellphone is on because a phone call is much more effective than the alarm clock.) no message.

8:31 a.m.: house phone rings. roommate tells friend that i'm 'out' because i just bit his head off and he didn't want piss me off any more.

8:32 a.m.: friend calls cell again. no message.

8:35 a.m.: completely awake and starting to worry someone i care about might be lying in the street bleeding to death or something-- which would be an appropriate reason to necessitate three phone calls at my equivalent of THE DEAD MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. unable to fall back asleep for fear i'm a horrible friend for not answering.

8:50 a.m.: call her back. no one is dead, thank god. i'm already awake, so i might as well talk. it was an important issue, but definitely one that could have waited a couple of hours.

9:15 a.m.: can't sleep.

10:15 a.m.: can't sleep.

11:15 a.m.: can't sleep.

12:15 p.m.: can't sleep.

1:15 p.m.: can't sleep.

2:15 p.m.: can't sleep.

i'm starting to think that my snoozing skills are starting to lag.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I think I have the solution to your problem... Instead of not sleeping, try sleeping. I know it sounds so obvious, but seriously, give it a shot and let me know how it goes :)

Unknown said...

oh crap... noon YOUR time... crap.... :) hehe, i try to keep it in during "office" hours... or... i'll give myself little cuts to start bleeding and than i'll call you...

jkidding- smuuuches!