Monday, November 12, 2007

lifestyles of the rich and famous

"And then I was in the middle of telling him what Ruksana said, and he interrupted me."

"Why?"

"He said, 'Mom, why are you talking about all this other stuff when I called you for business reasons'? And I was like, "What business reasons?" And he said, "My Christmas List."

"SERIOUSLY? How old are we now?"

"That's what I said! I asked him, "You're 25 and you're still making Christmas Lists?!" And he just started telling me about how he needs a new golf jacket and some shoes and some other things."

"That kid's always had a lot of nerve."

"You didn't even hear all of it! He says to me, "Well, Mom, Cadiz is buying me a digital camera for Christmas."

"WHAT!? He just told me to ask H if he'd seen any good deals and that has somehow morphed into me buying him one for Christmas? I don't even have a job!"

"Be honest, Cadiz. You were already going to buy it, weren't you?"

"Yeah. But now I'm going to get him a pretend one from Toys 'R' Us, instead."


***UPDATE*** I asked my brother and he said he only told my mother "Cadiz is looking at digital cameras for me." But it wouldn't hurt to still check out the Fisher-Price/Barbie models as part of my research.

7 comments:

naechstehaltestelle said...

Kids Digital Camera

It's a compromise. Also, available in pink!

omar said...

Hey wait, I'm 30 and I still make Christmas lists. (That camera linked by naechstehaltestelle, I almost bought that for my kid's birthday. $48 at Target.)

Lia said...

Definitely get it for him in pink. That'll teach him. Do they make a Barbie version?

I'm working on my list, but it's a list of what to buy for whom. And somehow, I'm having a lot of trouble with it this year.

Dave said...

Here you go, better than Barbie:
http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Kitty-Digital-Camera-KT7002/dp/B0002ISEIK/ref=pd_bbs_4/103-6159437-7789423?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1194978792&sr=8-4

Jon said...

I'm sorry, I am no longer capable of reading or hearing the word business without singing the song, "Business Time" by Flight of the Conchords.

Bill C said...

Now I want a Barbie camera.

If your brother doesn't like his, let me know okay?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hi Cadiz's brother, while you're about it, remember to make Valentine Day's listst, 4th of July's lists, and don't every forget, BIRTHDAY lists. Milk them, milk them :-D