Monday, November 12, 2007

lifestyles of the rich and famous

"And then I was in the middle of telling him what Ruksana said, and he interrupted me."

"Why?"

"He said, 'Mom, why are you talking about all this other stuff when I called you for business reasons'? And I was like, "What business reasons?" And he said, "My Christmas List."

"SERIOUSLY? How old are we now?"

"That's what I said! I asked him, "You're 25 and you're still making Christmas Lists?!" And he just started telling me about how he needs a new golf jacket and some shoes and some other things."

"That kid's always had a lot of nerve."

"You didn't even hear all of it! He says to me, "Well, Mom, Cadiz is buying me a digital camera for Christmas."

"WHAT!? He just told me to ask H if he'd seen any good deals and that has somehow morphed into me buying him one for Christmas? I don't even have a job!"

"Be honest, Cadiz. You were already going to buy it, weren't you?"

"Yeah. But now I'm going to get him a pretend one from Toys 'R' Us, instead."


***UPDATE*** I asked my brother and he said he only told my mother "Cadiz is looking at digital cameras for me." But it wouldn't hurt to still check out the Fisher-Price/Barbie models as part of my research.

7 comments:

naechstehaltestelle said...

Kids Digital Camera

It's a compromise. Also, available in pink!

omar said...

Hey wait, I'm 30 and I still make Christmas lists. (That camera linked by naechstehaltestelle, I almost bought that for my kid's birthday. $48 at Target.)

Lia said...

Definitely get it for him in pink. That'll teach him. Do they make a Barbie version?

I'm working on my list, but it's a list of what to buy for whom. And somehow, I'm having a lot of trouble with it this year.

Dave said...

Here you go, better than Barbie:
http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Kitty-Digital-Camera-KT7002/dp/B0002ISEIK/ref=pd_bbs_4/103-6159437-7789423?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1194978792&sr=8-4

Jon said...

I'm sorry, I am no longer capable of reading or hearing the word business without singing the song, "Business Time" by Flight of the Conchords.

Radioactive Jam said...

Now I want a Barbie camera.

If your brother doesn't like his, let me know okay?

Guyana-Gyal said...

Hi Cadiz's brother, while you're about it, remember to make Valentine Day's listst, 4th of July's lists, and don't every forget, BIRTHDAY lists. Milk them, milk them :-D