Sunday, January 08, 2006

strung up

my mother told me she was going out shopping today. for panties.

it seems one of her good friends is turning fifty years old and a bunch of them are going to get up early and hang fifty undergarments -- in various sizes -- all over the woman's front yard. i think the sign they're working on will say something like, 'happy birthday, we support you!' my mom is usually the epitome of proper decorum (she said she certainly wasn't going to be donating her own undies). outwardly i was shocked that she's let the junior-high humor of her coworkers influence her.

but inside i was thinking to myself, 'damn, i hope i have that much fun when i'm fifty.'

12 comments:

lucasjackson7 said...

that's so funny. i think the only thing my mom could put on the front lawn would be wine bottles.

...yup, i bet it would be easy to find 50 of those lying around.

J Incarnate said...

Yes, the golden years must really start at 50. Sounds fun!

Unknown said...

yo thats hillarious!!!! you should have told her to get a thong-

--hey i know what i'm doing for your next b-day!!!! aaaahahahaa we don't have to wait till fifty to have some juvenile fun!

Andy said...

That is truly brilliant. I hope I could be that juvenile when I'm that age!

DCveR said...

I'll had that to my pranks list, it's brilliant.

MEP said...

That is certainly creative! How funny - I might keep that in mind for a prank sometime. And I definitely hope I'm having that much fun when I'm fifty.

Lia said...

are they writing the message in panties?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Yes, definitely...a thong! I can't imagine a mum doing something like that, woooo hooooo...she must be feeling sooo naughty heh heyyyyy :-D

Anonymous said...

hey.... a woman gotta do what a woman gotta do, u know... :) even a thong in her 50s :D gotta feel sexy always! :D

Pepper said...

When the joke is over, grab anything that looks my size.

Syar said...

sounds like a fun way to celebrate.

its kind of like that red hat purple dress thing, except raunchier.

and maybe more coordinated.

are none of the birthday brigade donating their own panties, or are we to assume half will be commando at the celebration?

piu piu said...

thats so cute!