Friday, October 17, 2008

that time of the afternoon, week, year

It's 4:12 p.m. and I am starting to mentally check out for the day, watching YouTube videos and shoving urgent papers to the back corner of my desk where they will become no less important. But at least they're out of sight. For now.

Next week I'll be in Connecticut for three days on business and flying by the seat of my pants. I sincerely hope that after years of being in the same room with genius minds, I have managed to absorb some of the smarts it's going to take to pull off this little endeavor.

It's getting chilly outside. Which makes me feel like curling up with a really long list of recorded episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8 and a pizza. And not work.

With this state of mind, I'm thinking I'm going to have a real productive weekend.

6 comments:

omar said...

I'm no Cadiz expert, but I'm pretty sure you've got some smarts and that you'll do fine. Just remember that Native Americans don't celebrate Columbus day.

naechstehaltestelle said...

Sometimes the most brilliant ideas come when you're flying by the seat of your pants. Good luck, you're gonna do great!!

Anonymous said...

Take it easy on yourself. Sometimes you need to just take yourself out of the situation to reenergize so that you can go back to work all fresh. The combo of pizza and Jon & Kate Plus 8 will definitely do the trick.

SupaCoo said...

Good luck next week - I'm sure you'll rock it!

Anonymous said...

Connecticut will be nice this time of year - leaves turning colors and all.

Everything will go fine - the best times at work are usually when you are with customers.

Willowtree said...

Yikes I haven't been here in forever. I love CT and MA this time of year it's so autumn-y hehe, I hope you have a little time to soak in all of the colors between business stuff!