Saturday, October 11, 2008

"oh, we're going back all right."

H and I had a lovely evening/morning catching up with MFM, her husband, Al, and Adriana, but I was pretty tuckered out when we got home. So H let me nap because, despite the coffee-high I had from breakfast (anyone else dance around singing "Coff-ee keeps me awake/Coff-ee gives me the shakes" before passing out face-first on the couch? No?) I was pretty incoherent. There's a reason I save caffeine for days on which I really need to get a lot of work done.

He slipped out to investigate WIRED NEXTFEST, which is taking place nearly next door to the condo. That's our favorite magazine: his for all the gadgetry and mine for the overall awesomeness of making gadgetry interesting (believe it or not, I loved it even before I met him). It's been going on for a week, but we haven't had the time to make it over there, what with silly things like work getting in the way.

He got back with a sparkle in his eye, as I was sitting here all fresh-faced and energized and catching up on the blogs (coffee's properly kicked in now). I have a pretty good idea of what I'll be doing on my break tomorrow afternoon. And I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

SupaCoo said...

That so so incredibly fun!