Thursday, October 02, 2008

when i get around to having kids, i guess i'll have to keep them on a leash

"Yeah, remember that seminar I signed up for weeks ago? It was supposed to be last night. And I was so frazzled with getting back to the city from the doctor, catching up with work and also squeezing in time for side work that I just FORGOT TO GO."

"What?"

"Yeah, and H and I passed out at 10 p.m. last night with the lights, the tv and the computer on, and dinner was just sitting out—I don't think he ever got around to eating. I woke up and remembered the seminar at like 5 a.m."

"Oh Cadiz, I'm so sorry."

"I'm a mess. And this morning when I called you on the walk to work and said I had to go back home because I forgot the bag with my files in it? Yeah, when I got into the house and looked around, I found it on my shoulder—it was flipped behind me and my purse was over it, so I hadn't realized it was there."

"[laughs] I'm sorry, beta."

"I'm a moron!"

"Well, it's all OK, as long as you don't lose one thing."

"What's that, my mind?"

"No. My grandchildren."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always keeping eyes on the prize, your mother is! Haha.

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is not very subtle...

Noelle said...

I know I put those kids somewhere around here....

Anonymous said...

"We always took our kids everywhere. But they always found their way back home..."

Old Joke

naechstehaltestelle said...

I forget everything...coffee dates, meetings, deadlines... Most of the time I remember everything for my son, although I do end up walking around without a spare diaper occasionally. Nobody's perfect :)

Eclectic Bride-Wife-Mom said...

That's awesome, but annoying all at the same time. I can let you know what kind of harnesses work since that's what I'm going to use for my kids...they aren't supposed to choke like a leash would. I'll try one out on Tucker first and report back.... I am kidding.

weebug said...

ahh,kids will always want you for something, so i think that the likelyhood of losing them is slim. hope things settle downfor you soon!

Madelyn said...

You sound busy. That must suck.

Anonymous said...

Bwaaaaa haaaaa haaaaaaaa!

Happens to me all the time.

I mean... um... yeah, it happens to me all the time. Get one of those key alarms for the kids. Or a cat bell. that is what I did.

At least you can't mis place them in utero.

Eclectic Bride-Wife-Mom said...

I just thought of something. Put piles on them (janjars?) I can't spell it. The anklet bells we used to wear when we were little...who am I kidding, I wore them past college. I guess that will only work if they're girls.

Random aside, I'm moving to the city this weekend...through at least May...let's figure out brunch or drinks or something.