Monday, November 30, 2009

all together that's 120 posts, y'all

November 30 (at least for the last four years, anyway) is a bittersweet day. On one hand, there's a huge sigh of relief that I don't have to carve out two hours to dial into my parents' Internet connection and then figure out what the heck to post about anymore. But on the other, I know that when I do a quick sweep of my comrades this year in NBPM*, Syar, Madelyn, CoFo and Jon, there is no longer a guarantee of new material.

I know I phoned it in at least twice this month, but like anything else, writing every day gets less tough the more you do it. And post ideas start to come more easily the longer you need them (Except for days when all you'd like to do is moan about the people you had to deal with all day at the risk of being fired for breach in confidentiality). Right?

So to a close comes another hectic month of posting. I am sad that I couldn't spread my net of comment love farther, but there's only so long I can wait for pages to load (re: dialup), and the swine flu is keeping me clocking some serious overtime.

I don't think my mom will miss it, however; my leaving to go post for hours at a time really cut into our knitting-on-the-couch-while-watching-Hindi-soaps time. But at least now she sort of has an idea of what I've been doing on the computer for the last half a decade.

But thanks for reading, guys. Your comments make it worth all the trouble. And a special shoutout to the unicorn crew for letting me in even though I didn't have the bandwidth or patience to get the button onto my sidebar.

*And also SupaCoo, whose beautiful blog's design I love but unfortunately takes forever to load on dialup, so I haven't always been able to comment.

5 comments:

Syar said...

The blogging unicorn doesn't need to be present in the sidebar, because it is present in our hearts.

That's right. I went there. THE CORNY ROUTE. Do you wanna make somethin' of it?

(Yeah, I really liked the guarantee of something new to read in at least 3 different places online, it felt very tight knit and very cool. I will miss it. I'm glad we were all in this together!)

Madelyn said...

I will miss all the new posts as well. But we did it! And I think you deserve extra props for doing it with dial up . . . I know I couldn't. I'm sure the Unicorn commends your extra effort!

Syar - corny route? or UNICORNY ROUTE!

SupaCoo said...

Oh no! I'd better optimize my page.

Congrats on another job well done!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a job well done! With a job as hectic as yours sounds, it truly is a great feat. Blogging Unicorns for life!

Madelyn - Probably the best pun I've ever heard.

velocibadgergirl said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on a successful NaBlo :D