Wednesday, November 04, 2009

we are so blessed

UPDATE: My mom is recovering well from last week's surgery to remove the offending cancer and has returned to full-time work (probably earlier than she should have). The results from the lab are promising; the doctors believe they got it all.

The five days of waiting for results were more agonizing than I can describe. The woman who normally has a limitless supply of smiles and good cheer was noticeably withdrawn and silent. It was as if some sad, blue shadow of my mom had taken over her body and could only muster the energy to humor us with a positive attitude once in awhile. It was heartbreaking, and there was nothing anyone could do to make it better. 

I just want to thank each and every single person who sent out a good vibe, prayer or hopeful thought our way. On days like this, love certainly can seem to work wonders. And, as with any medical condition, we must be vigilant and take things one day at time. But for now, things are looking pretty hopeful. 

11 comments:

Syar said...

That's so great! I'm so glad to hear that the news is positive. :D Nothing but smiles for this post.

weebug said...

she sounds like a fighter, your mum! good for her! i am so glad they got it all!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear! I hope everything continues to go well.

SupaCoo said...

Awesome! That's great news.

Anonymous said...

Great news! Your mom will be back to her old self in not ime.

Jon said...

Never had a doubt.

omar said...

Excellent news!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Positive thinking is important for recovery!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I've thought of her often. I'm sending more healing vibes.

Librarian Girl said...

I know I am behind, but I am catching up and just had to say that I hope things continue on a good road. Having a sick parent really sucks.

Teej said...

I'm so, so relieved to read this.