Just one of a hundred examples? The Bachelorette Party
My team, captained by my brother as the maid of honor (whose ideal idea of Vegas is surely spending the weekend with his sister and a bunch of her girlfriends), put together an amazing weekend in Las Vegas. While I cannot divulge details of what happened (keep your minds clean, people), I will give you some of the highlights:
- adjoining suites at The Venetian
- fabulous pools
- phenomenal food at Mesa Grill
- chilling at Tao pool (apparently the same spot they took Kim Kardashian for her bachelorette the weekend before)
The deejay at TAO pool started playing "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO and when it got to the chorus, they launched all these beachballs (probably about 50) off the roof of the cabanas onto all of us in the pool. It was a very nice touch.
- walking around the strip
- the spa at Encore--omg
- Cirque du Soleil's Ka
- a very interesting scavenger hunt at the clubs (let's just say I had my picture taken with a guy wearing a pinkie ring and managed to find an off-duty police officer) of which I got 95% of the items checked off the list
- making international friends from places as exotic as Canada
- grilled cheese at 6 a.m.--next to a table of passed-out asian boys who wouldn't even sit up for their eggs
- Bloody Marys at Mon Ami Gabi (at Paris), with the second-best server I've ever met
- Doritos mac n cheese and Philly cheesesteak dumplings with a view of Treasure Island fireworks
- JABBAWOCKEEZ (awesome surprise, and even better than I thought they'd be)
- scandalous peoplewatching at brand-new Brand (let's just say that VIP is a section I'll be passing on in the future, thankyouverymuch)
- more hanging at the pool
- Deep-fried oreos on the biggest ice-cream sundae I've ever seen
- Dim Sum, with congee (everyone except my bro was a good sport about trying new stuff
AMAZING. I cannot convey just how spoiled and loved I still feel just thinking about it.
People flew in from all over just to celebrate with me, and some who weren't able to make it set up another trip a few weeks later, to New York. It was considerably different, what with Hurricane Irene and all, but also a wonderful time. And while I was freaking out about missing a weekend of wedding prep, I think the mandatory break saved me from a breakdown of other sorts.
Spoiled. And very very grateful.
*In Las Vegas we discovered a delicious drink that didn't *taste* that strong, called L.A. Water. It may or may not have played a part in the festivities. Let's get a look at the ingredients, shall we?