Thursday, May 12, 2005

staying up

i never know when to go to bed.

like right now. i got home late b/c of a snafu at the end of the workday. i watched the tape of my show, and the end of my yesterday show again (yes, it was that good) and i checked in with my peeps online. there's nothing left to do that won't wake the roomates.

there is no book to finish. there are no projects in progress. there aren't even any netflix to see. i've been yawning like i'm trying to inhale insects all day because i was up for no reason until 6 a.m. this morning.

did i learn my lesson? no.
am i going to pay for it twice as bad tomorrow? hells yes.

it's like driving past a car wreck. i fully comprehend that it's wrong.

but. i. just. can't. stop.

9 comments:

omar said...

Coincidentally, my kid was also up all night.

Since you're up anyway, maybe you could swing by upstate NY and do some late night babysitting.

Unknown said...

can you come to NYC and late night babysit ME... like at a club or a lounge??

cadiz12 said...

sure thing, guys; you're lucky that i'm cpr certified. but omar, i don't do barney. i am down with sesame street and arthur, though.

ale, that could come in handy after one of your signature nights out in the meatpacking district. (the cpr, not the kiddie shows. but then again, you never know.)

omar said...

No problem. We don't let him watch TV yet anyway. All you would need to do is make the stuffed bee dance. All night long.

Jon said...

I wish I had a life where I could go to sleep when I was tired and wake up once I’m fully rested. One of the many reasons I’ve been tossing around the idea of being a millionaire playboy when I grow up.

Jon said...

By the way, if they do have a support group for snooze addicts, let me know, because I’m pretty bad. I will hit snooze 5 or 6 times every morning… and maybe another 3 or 4 times before I go to bed…

cadiz12 said...

i have to set my alarm about an hour before i actually get up. and i can honestly say i probably would be able to live without most amenities except the snooze button. if i had to turn the alarm off cold turkey, i'd never make it anywhere.

jazz said...

i do the same thing. i'm a glutton for punishmint.

Anonymous said...

is it too late to post a comment for this string of conversation? i hope not! bc why is it 2:36 EST and once again, i am up for no reason at all?! i cant even blame it on my shift, i have no real shift...

so yeah, it's hard for me to go to bed and harder still (of course) to get up in the AM...i too wish i could learn my lesson. darling we should be roomies again and then perhaps i should marry this millionaire playboy when i grow up!