Sunday, November 09, 2008

there's a big deadline tomorrow

So before I sit down to tackle the task, of course I first must:
*sweep the floors
*rearrange the pantry (soups grouped by thickness, crackers grouped by graininess)
*roll up each extra empty plastic bag for easy retrieval
*take out all the tupperware and put it back, stacked with lids
* wash the whites
*dry the whites
*dust
*feed the plants and worry about the ivy, which is looking sickly
* rearrange the bottles in the refrigerator door
*take the summer shoes out of the hall closet
*wash out all the jars/cans for recycling
*take out the recycling, making sure that I've read all the pages of the newspaper first
*take out the garbage
*get caught up in a historical program about the Jonestown mass suicide, which now doubles the time it takes to do even the most mundane task
* sweep the carpet for stray hair
*vacuum, especially thoroughly inside the closet
*re-pair the socks
* wash the darks
* dry the darks
*make the bed
*clean up the bathroom
*arrange the magazines
*dust the top of the fridge
*clean out under the sink
*twitter
*text message
*begin freaking out about how little time I have now
*remember that I haven't posted for NaBloPoMo yet, and there's only 15 minutes left in the day.
*post
*resume freaking out
Sigh. It's the story of my life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"crackers grouped by graininess.."

So, are the Cracker Police going to show up tomorrow?

Seems like a lot to do.

Syar said...

Do you know the triangle folding technique for plastic bags? It makes them into neat triangles, easier for storage.

SupaCoo said...

Wow. You do more in a few hours than I do in a month!

Sam said...

Ha ha, I know precisely what you mean, I have an essay deadline tomorrow and yet there are a billion other things that are far more important, never mind the fact that they are utterly unimportant really!!! ;-)

Becky said...

haha! sounds like college, the night before an exam...

Sphincter said...

I do the same thing with the crazy procrastination cleaning! I thought I was alone. You poor thing.

Willowtree said...

Hehehe, wow this looks so familiar. If I have something to do. I find every single thing that I must do before it gets done.
Eek!

Kathy G said...

Sounds like what I do when I have a big deadline!

BTW, I clicked through to your blog from the NaBloPoMo Blogroll. Funny stuff.