Wednesday, November 07, 2012

vote


11.6.2012



I posted this elsewhere earlier, but seriously: Watching election returns makes me wonder if this is what my brother and Jon feel like when their teams are competing for a championship.



This morning I went to the good old elementary-school gymnasium and, as expected, they couldn't find my name (dang apostrophe--they alphabetize it somewhere else every year). But I waited it out and they finally located my ticket. This always happens.
primary punch
In which I was ticked they changed my polling location and then couldn't find my name; I left without voting.

show a little humanity. oh and VOTE
and
"nothing like watching CNN with 125,000 of my best friends"
In which Jon, Jasmine and I stood around Grant Park for hours during the last election. And it was worth it--the energy of so many people happy all at the same time was absolutely amazing.
So many things have changed since that night in 2008. We'll have to see how it shakes out, but perhaps one thing will remain the same.

4 comments:

polyestherbunny said...

I love the idea of those "I voted" stickers!

Jon said...

Remember how nice the weather was that day? So much better than this year. I really need to find that recording... I think I still have it somewhere. Would be fun to listen to it again.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Outsider's point of view...mine...I think people just need to hang in there and it will get better.

cadiz12 said...

we do have pretty nice stickers. i wear them like a nerd every time.

it was SO NICE that day. if you could find that recording, i'd love to hear it again.

i totally agree, gg!