Thursday, November 29, 2012

coffee is crack

I had a medium-sized coffee this morning at 7:30. It's 10:15 pm and I'm still twitching. My coworker thinks it's a placebo effect, but my hands are literally shaking. Caffeine sensitivity is a real thing. There is a reason I rarely drink it--only on those days when I really need the boost. Or need to be awake for two days.

But here's the thing: When I'm on coffee, I'm more confident, I have more pep in my step and doggone it, people like me!

Is this what drugs are like?


time to cut off the supply
In which I admit I may need an intervention.



6 comments:

Alla said...

i drank double espresso's before going out all through college. (you can ask re-re) It made me be able to - stay awake- and be nice to boys. Unlike re-re, who greeted any boy that came over with "I'm not going to have sex with you tonight."

cadiz12 said...

Ha ha, I remember when she would say that! I pretty much wasn't single for much of college so that was a non issue.

DOUBLE ESPRESSOS? I think my wart would just stop.

cadiz12 said...

My heart. And any warts I may develop.

Madelyn said...

I think you should change the title of this post to, "Coffee is Magical".

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Try water and see what happens.

Don't worry, even if your warts stopped, we'd still like you. [And I mean 'warts'].

Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Sounds like me-n-tequilla time. Coffee, it keeps my heart pumping, tequilla makes me think I'm queen of the world.