Saturday, November 04, 2006

secret stash

"hey, what happened to that pile of leftover halloween candy that was sitting here on the counter? i have a taste for an almond joy right now."

"it should still be there... i don't know where your father hides it."

"geez! i mean, we all know that every year when he buys the candy he gets twice as much and then hoards some for himself. but he wasted NO TIME in snatching up all the leftovers, too! that man needs help."

"tell me about it, i've been dealing with his sweet tooth for 35 years. but there are bad habits that are a lot worse."

"yeah, i guess searching around the house for chocolate is a lot better than frantically trying to find where he's hiding the crack."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your right thats so true... alot of times people spend time complainin about things.. when it could have been alot worst

Bill C said...

I wonder, did he ever suggest that comparison? Because it sounds like the kind of exaggerated contrast I'd make to try and justify some habit of mine. Then again, most things look good compared to a crack habit...

angela said...

My kids learned a long time ago never, but never, to leave chocolate on view and, yes, I was just as bad as H.
Angela

cadiz12 said...

oh believe me, that's his favorite line: "what! i don't smoke, i don't drink, i don't gamble, let me have my [insert sugar-loaded item that is horrible for him here]!"

i can't believe someone would eat candy intended for the kids! at least my dad buys his own and then comes back only after they've had their fill.

i'm lucky; H doesn't really like sweets as much as i do. i'll never have the same frustrations my mother has been dealing with for the last 35 years.

ML said...

I have to hide the chocolate from my husbee or he'll go on a binge and eat it all up!

Anonymous said...

OMG I just laughed so hard a co worker came in to see what I was reading. Can I use that as a quote... " guess searching around the house for chocolate is a lot better than frantically trying to find where he's hiding the crack"??